Friday 1 April 2016

Lina and the Bad Sandwich by Filigree as part of the '15/16 SS-SFF-SS* in AbsoluteWrite's Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum,


This story had me confused. I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't a failing on my end, and honestly, I don't think it's a failing on anyone's end. I think it's just not as complete or polished as I might have liked. It's almost as though this was a first draft....?

Anyway, you guys won't never be able to guess what I just read (twice). It was this tale, this story, this mundane epic of one human girl, nay, woman, NAY, princess, and also a sandwich was involved. There were all kinds of interesting things, and even more confusing things, and I had to google many words because I am a silly bunny, and a certain author I know happens to have a larger lexicon than me (not a hard thing to do really).

At first I was like, "Hmmm, lemme read that bit again" (I've read the opening like three times now), and then I was like "Oh, I GET IT NOW... ew!" and then I was all "Google-google-googleygolleogogoglelegoeogleogegoelgeogelgeoglegoe" which soon turned into "Hmmm, I didn't know that was actually even a thing. wowza!" And then... "THAT IS A SANDWICH! I REPEAT-" I repeated myself several times after that, before making myself a sandwich :)

Then the fan hit the shit with her face and it was all gross and messy and stuff, but that's okay, because.... wait for it..... DEMONS! :D Yes, friends, family, people I don't know, that was a spoiler, and to those who say nay to spoilers, I say: DEMONS! <3 I know you won't be able to resist this story now.

The end eventually came, and with it came a sense of "huh?" And also "Say what?" And even a bit of "OOOOOOOOoooOOOOoOOOOOoOOOOoooooOOOOOh! I ship it! " But most importantly there was "GIVE US MOAR!" which I feel adequately represents the nature of all of Filigree's readers.

Now, for my next trick, I shall need a few days/weeks, as I intend to read about cats first. :)

Filigree's links:

http://www.cranehanabooks.com/blog/

http://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=ALN9TXGUM1RDI&tab=&vasStoreID=

 
*Sekrit Solstice Science Fiction & Fantasy Story Swap

3 comments:

  1. It was more like a second draft. While I love Urban Fantasy, it never likes me. I do plan on extending this one into 'a real story'. Because Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more like a second draft. While I love Urban Fantasy, it never likes me. I do plan on extending this one into 'a real story'. Because Dragons.

    ReplyDelete