Friday 5 May 2017

Drake (The Burned Man) by Peter McLean [No Spoilers]

[Review (by me) as also seen on Amazon .ca (from a while back)]

I bought Drake because I've spoken to Peter McLean and wanted to see if his novels were as nice as he is. The answer is a resounding NO.

They're better!

"Drake" is not a book for the faint of heart, nor the weak of will. It's gruesome and violent, intriguing and thought-provoking, exciting and horrifying, and everything else I love about stories. "Drake" (the book, not the character) stole my heart and ran away with my time, it took over my dreams and plagued my thoughts until I turned to the next page. I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that this book is worth every penny it costs, and as someone who also writes, I know from reading it that it was worth every lonely hour and misplaced comma and dreaded deadline that went into making it what it is. "The Burned Man" by Peter McLean is a story to look out for by an author with a bright career still waiting to happen.

I'd recommend this book to anyone with eyes and a sense of taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment